Friday, October 22, 2010

Denise Milani Majorwager

I'll build me a Bokashi bucket

Now I've done it. It was a simple, half an hour of work, including existing Materiel together look. Unfortunately, the batteries of the camera failed after the first frame, so I was able to photograph only the "ingredients". I have tried to draw a schematic representation, maybe that is enough.

tools and materials:
permanent marker, side cutters, hole saws attachment for a drill
nappy bucket, tap, chicken wire, curtain fabric, plastic bag, some sand

Manufacturing:
First, I have a drain valve of a commercial green rain barrel (which are included as always) attached to the bucket. It is useful to pre-drill a small hole into which the drill is then introduced to the hole saw. (Can drill otherwise very careful Spinges as the material of the bucket tear very fast /). The drain valve is simply inserted and bolted inside. The Diameter of the inner nut used for fastening of the drain valve then determines the height of the lattice, which is installed inside the bucket.

on a small square of a grid of rabbits in diameter of the bucket is recorded. The corners and the corners dreickiges Striicker clipped with wire cutters. In addition, at one point a small Piece cut out, there is after the installation of the drain valve. Then the wire along the recorded bucket diameter is switched on - but not completely, so that the edges with the support surface are still connected.

The edges are bent by 90 ° and passed along the resulting window. Thus, a small cylinder is formed with a lid. The Chimes serve in that the grid does not rest on the bucket floor. I hope the scheme can display the drawing.

That's it already. Additionally, I have the right coarse-mesh grille hare a piece of curtain fabric down so that the material does not fall through. Then, the bucket can be equipped. Then I filled a regular trash bag with sand and put that on the material to be fermented. Through the sand, the garbage bag fits completely around the heaped up material and there should be a far-reaching air.

0 comments:

Post a Comment