Wednesday, November 3, 2010

How To Know What Model Snowboard

An experiment and its consequences

spontaneously Just as I started the little Bokashi experiment as fast as I need it may have to stop again.

ago had 2 1 / 2 weeks I this spontaneous idea. I just wanted to know whether a type of Bokashi-digestion also hinbekommt itself. Should not be so difficult, pickles, sauerkraut, Schnippelbohnen - because it works so well.

I had to discard my Schnippelbohnen - although they were well fermented, but far too salty - I thought that I immediately have a good starting solution. So I had covered the grid floor of the bucket with a small layer of compost, so the broth does not completely equal passes. I've broken all existing kitchen waste and also poured into the bucket. A bit dry, which was left and added a yogurt. After a week again and refilled the bucket was already full.

Initially, the broth, which I had drained, still quite bright, but they did not stink. I have again thrown on top of the substrate and sealed the bucket again. This I have repeated in the next two weeks, twice. And obviously did something. The material has collapsed and the broth was darker. The bucket smelled almost not at all. The broth reminded not necessarily a flower meadow, but they do not really stank, smelled rather strange - strange - sour. And I would say, yes, basically you get soeiner lactic acid fermentation of waste out and quasi independent.

But then I passed the little accident. This rain barrel drain valves seem to be not very reliable. Although I'd noticed that I had the tap is not well locked up, but I still thought nothing of it. A towel placed underneath to hold the drip sufficient quantities, should ... I thought. But after a few days ago it all started to smell terrible. My goodness! If this stock is like the air is, as it obviously is something we are not at Sun This was also the tolerance of the Family there (the bucket was fairly warm in the house!). Now I had to put him in the laundry room and cooler still am not sure if the temperatures there are still sufficient. And it actually is already the second small problem. What do I do with the Bokashi - now in the fall? A "processed" by worms? Maybe a bit too fresh to begin such an attempt. But maybe bagging and by the spring forgotten somewhere in a corner, as do probably many EM users? No idea. First of all, I am in charge of the somewhat unreliable drain. I've presented myself a little more relaxed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment